Friday, February 27, 2015

I Noticed Something Different...........

Okay, I admit it now, eating healthier has some really great benefits. One of them is I have been noticing that my face is clearer. Yes... less oily, less pimples, and more radiant. I know, it sounds weird, but it's true. One know something else? My hair is less oily too, and it getting some bounce back into it. Not a whole lot, but I am seeing it. Who would have thought that making some dietary changes like eating more fruits and veggies, more protein, and drinking more water would do all that? I can't wait to see what happens over the next month. I'm more determined now to make even more healthier eating habits. I mean, if I am seeing all these little changes on the outside, what is happening inside. My liver and heart must be thanking me. I don't know, my lungs must be mad at me by now, I keep making them work out pretty hard. All that hard breathing. But even that is getting a little better. Not the best, but a little. Still, it is happening. 
I could be doing better still. I keep messing up in many areas. Like yesterday, I made coffee and put a little too much sugar in it. I noticed the difference right away. Too sweet, but instead of throwing it out and making a new cup, I drank it. Made blueberry muffins and instead of eating one, I ate too. But again, I took note of this. Before, it would not faze me in the least to eat two or even three muffins. Now it bothers me. I still eat too much starch foods too. Like potatoes and breads. So during the month of March, I am going to work on that. No, I'm not going to cut them out completely, just going limit them. I love potatoes. Bread I can do with out. But like tonight, we are going to have turkey burgers. Sadly, I would eat two and that means 4 pieces of bread. My goal for tonight will be one burger two slices of bread and a nice side salad. We do eat whole grain breads, so that is plus. But still need to cut it down some. Ted and I need to work on that together. He loves PB and J sandwiches and eats a three stacker sandwich with lots of jelly and PB. Of course, I have noticed that bread is lasting just a bit longer now. Good thing too, bread is getting expensive. 
I noticed something else too. Im sleeping just a little bit better. I have pretty much cut out daytime naps. I don't need or want them. I need to sleep at night and get good rest. I still feel tired through the day, but it is getting less too. I used to wake up wanting to go right back to sleep, now I am up for several hours before that feeling comes on. Drinking a nice glass of water does help. And if doesn't, I just take a breather and try to stretch it out. 
Exercising is still a battle for me. I do it, and I always feel good afterwards, refreshed, but it still pains me. I think sometimes I push myself too hard, trying to make a difference in one day. Wanting to see instant results. That is not going to happen. I know this. Do I feel any different? Yes, I do. I really do. I do feel I am gaining some strength in my legs and back. But I have a long road ahead of me. It is a struggle to keep going. Have days where I want to just quit and not do a thing. But now I am feeling the difference, ever so slight that it is, I am seeing it and feeling it. 
I feel better inside and out. Little changes. Things that no one else would see, but me. 
So, I guess I will stick too it. I mean, who knows what I will notice next. Or maybe someone will start noticing things too. That would be nice. 
Well, I guess that means I won't be quitting today. Onward and forward. Forward to a better me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment